Thursday 1 February 2018

Random

Random


Hi Everyone!

Greetings from a wet and
soggy shore
It's blowing a hooley outside
........again!  Raining too. 

Now that's perfect crafting
weather so Claire Jackson has
brought her antidote to the
miserable weather




"An open, line drawing stamp is perfect
 for this technique. I’ve used the 
Woodware Bubble Bloom Felicity stamp. 

First I stamped the flower in 
black Archival ink onto Yupo synthetic paper.
 It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t totally dry as 
the next step is to add alcohol ink.

 I used different tools to drop alcohol ink
 onto the paper, controlling the size of
 the drops (cotton buds, paint brush, pin). 

A tiny drop of blending solution will
 push the ink back to give a paler spot.

To create the sky I gave the paper a wash of 
blending solution and dropped on the blues. 

To create the grass I first used a cotton bud 
and then drew in some grasses with 
alcohol markers.

 I also added alcohol marker around the 
flower and finished off with white gel pen highlights. 
To stop the ink continuing to slowly migrate
 I sealed it with a spray fixative.

I haven’t decided yet where it’s going to 
end up so haven’t added a sentiment...
maybe I’ll leave it as it is.
 What do you think?"


Many thanks Claire - I don't think it
needs a sentiment and would
look lovely in a frame.  It certainly
brightened my day!  

Woodware Stamps are on SALE
do go and check them out

'Til tomorrow

Mickie xx






1 comment:

  1. I love this card!!!
    Wonderful Claire. Great stamp for this use too, and a very interesting use of alcohol inks on yupo paper.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.