Saturday 23 September 2017

Paper Mash Up


Paper Mash Up

Hi There!

Brrr!  Autumn has arrived -
Chilly mornings, warm and
sometimes sunny days.
We shall soon have to
light the fire in the evenings
......now where did I put
that rug.................?

Helen Chilton is with us
today to show us what
she has made with those
bits of paper........


"Here are some Christmas decorations 
using paper scraps from my 
(very large) scrap stash!


Cut the shapes out of mount board.


Then get out your paper scraps - 
I've chosen greens and blues for my tree


Cover the back with a larger piece..


....and then lay your chosen scraps 
over the tree shape. 



When you're happy glue them down with a glue stick.

Then flip it over and trim the edges - 



much easier to do it this way than try to 
trim each individual scrap to fit.

The end result is this. 



I've used torn and cut edges on mine.

Here are the four shapes 
all in different colour ways:


After that I did some stamping and embossing 
in silver or gold tinsel embossing powder.



 This is a Woodware stamp which I chose 
because it has lots of different patterns on it
 - very useful.

Here you can see that I've stamped 
fairly randomly:


For the edges I used the more textured powder - 
Stampendous Frantage Embossing enamel 
in either aged silver or aged gold.


After that it's time to embellish using ribbons,
 braids, bells, beads, buttons, sequins....


whatever you've got."

......and here are the final four:

The Star


The Tree


The Bauble


The Stocking



Woohoo!  We're on our way
to preparing for that December
Celebration......  Thank you Helen!

Whatever you celebrate in December
there's bound to be some decoration
involved and Helen's technique really
does lend itself to every occasion

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx








1 comment:

  1. Thank you Helen. These are cool and what a great way to use up some scraps, of which I have many. I have some shaped chippies, maybe I should dig them out. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.