Saturday 19 August 2017

On the Beach

On the Beach

Hi There!

So, here we are at the end of 
another busy week.  I won't
tell you how many weeks we
have left to that big celebration
during the last month of the
year but there are less than we
think ..................!

Back to today and here is
Angela Radford with another
terrific background ..........er no,
(well yes of course but not what
I wanted to highlight!) today
she is going to show us a very
clever trick with a stencil......

.....sit tight, here we go......!



"Hi everyone. I have had so much fun 
making this card and I'm here today 
to show you how I did it.

 Started this by making the background
 paper using Distress Oxides. Just smooth the 
colours onto your craft sheet, spray with water
 and swipe the card through it. 

Dry between colours.



 Next I cut a piece of the background 
paper to fit my card blank.


Using the Tim Holtz Splash stencil and a
 Versamark embossing pen I added
 the wave effect by applying the ink 
just in the areas that I wanted to show
 and embossing with white powder.


Now for the images. 

More Oxide background papers:



Stamp the chosen images.



Cut everything out ready for the next stage.


Next I layered Bazzill card onto the card blank


Cut up sections of the images and layer
 them together then attached them to the 
prepared background card.


This close-up shows the additional
 embossing added to the front
 of the boat to give the effect
 of the waves. 

I also added the sentiment here.


And so to the finished card.



 I added a little shading to the seagull, 
clouds and the boat using an Alcohol pen
 in grey and a little Stickles glitter glue to 
the windows. 

Hope you enjoyed watching me 
make this card. 

Happy crafting, Angela xXx"


Products used:


Woodware stamps:



Love this jolly Tug Boat
and the addition of the
waves is inspired!
Thank you Angela


That was clever; don't you agree
the way Angela introduced the
waves?  

'Till tomorrow 

Mickie xx











4 comments:

  1. Great card Angela, the addition of waves is so brilliant -- love it. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun card and the waves look great x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jane, they are fun stamps. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.