Wednesday 19 April 2017

Oxidised

Oxidised


Hi there!

Here we with a new topic
and a new product.

Have you tried these yet?
Yes?  Then you'll know
how scrummy they are.
No?  You must - they are
so good to play with and
the results are .............
well, just take a look at
what Angel Radford has
brought to us today:


" Angela here to show you how much fun
 I have been having with these new inks. 

I wanted to see how well they worked on 
different types of card and I have to say 
they glide beautifully both with a blending tool
 and straight to paper and they show up 
so well on black card too. 

So I started by trying the same technique 
with the new Oxides (left) and the 
old distress inks (right). 

I did not want to cover the card completely 
for this project but I think you can see that
 the ink on the left looks richer and they cover 
the card quicker and are easier to apply.



Once I had a suitable background 
I went on to the images. 

I applied the ink to the stamp, spritzed it lightly 
with water and then stamped with it.

The image then takes on a gorgeous chalky 
appearance while maintaining a sharp background.



I repeated this on the black card next. 
You can see where the water was on 
the stamp giving the chalky finish and 
the other areas remain sharp. 

The image shows up so well which it 
wouldn't have done with the old Distress Inks.


 I then decided that an insert would look good 
and give me chance to see what the Oxides 
would look like just on plain white paper. 

I think it's gorgeous but what do you think? 
I love this stamp too, it's so pretty




and a close-up.


Of course all this must then be put together 
and this is how I completed the card. 

The sentiment is embossed using the oxides 
and embossing powder and completed 
with little pink gems. 

I mounted the design onto brown and 
pink card and then a black card blank. 



I can't wait to have another play but 
I am sure my teamies will be showing 
you lots more interesting examples 
of what you can do. 

Happy crafting, Angela xXx"

Products used:



Beautiful project Angela
Thank you

I need to get playing with this
super addition to the Distress range
How about you?

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx











6 comments:

  1. Great card Angela, these inks are fab to work with and I think we will all be playing and exploring the many possibilities for some time to come.Happy crafting week X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Jane. These inks are so different and amazing the way they work on black card. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

      Delete
  2. The Oxides work beautifully on your background, for your focal image and also for the inside - beautiful work Angela! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these Distress oxides, so much fun to work with. I really like the brown and pink colour scheme and the oxides look really good on the black card. Lovely stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia, pleased you like it. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.