Thursday 20 April 2017

Oxidised

Oxidised



Hallo Everyone!

Hope you are having a 
good day - I'm rushing
about getting nowhere
so I feel at least one of
us should be having a
good time..............

Here is Jane Castle with
an ingenious way of
saying "thank you" ....

"For my project today using the new 
Distress Oxide ink pads I would like to share 
with you a present I've made for a 
very dear friend of ours.

 Every time he visits and has a cup of tea 
he makes very complimentary comments 
about our blend of tea 
( a mix of 3 different types we blend ourselves) 
so I felt it was time to give him a bag of his own 
but wanted it to be more than just a bag




As I tend not to throw anything away 
that 'might be useful' I raided my stash 
and found an empty cardboard inner 
from a ball of wool -- perfect!

I cut a piece of white card 7cm deep 
but longer than I needed to cover the tube. 
Then cut a tag from the some card using
 the middle size die from BoBunny 
nested tag dies. 

Both of these pieces of card were then coloured 
by swiping them through 2 colours 
of Distress Oxide ink that had been 
placed on the craft sheet and sprayed with water.


I continued doing this and adding more water 
to the card when needed until I achieved 
the effect I was after. 

I used my heat gun to dry between layers 
so as not to end up with a muddy colour. 
The lovely chalky effect builds up with the 
addition of spritzed water, leaving for a few seconds
 and then dabbing with some kitchen paper.

Once these were completely dry I masked 
off the stencil and added Grunge paste through 
the word tea onto the tag using the 
wonderful stencil by Scrapcosy from PaperArtsy. 


The centre of the card for covering the tube 
was stamped using the main image from 
PaperArtsy ESC03 in Vintage Photo and then 
heat embossed with clear EP.


Using the same stencil I then added some 
of the hessian effect to both pieces. 

Then using the sprig of flowers stamp from 
the same set I inked the stamp with Vintage Photo, 
wiped the flowers of ink with kitchen paper 
and then added some Fossilized Amber ink to the stamp 
using a sponge so as not to contaminate
 my new ink pad. This was then stamped onto 
the card each side of the main image.



The sprigs of flowers were spritzed with water 
and left for about 12secs before dabbing with kitchen paper.

The centre image was lightly rubbed with 
some Treasure Gold before trimming 
to the correct size. 

This was then attached to the cardboard tube 
with extra strong doublesided tape.


The Grunge Paste tea on the tag had the 
clean stencil replaced and was coloured 
using Fossilized Amber and Vintage Photo.

A cellophane bag was filled with the tea mix and tied 
at the top using the tag and some stripped down hairy string!

This was then placed inside the tube.


Well that makes a bag of tea look a little bit 
more interesting for a gift I think.
 Lets hope our friend likes it."

Items Used

(in Broken China, Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber)
Nested Tag Dies
Treasure Gold in Renaissance
Extra Strong Double Sided Tape
Empty Shetland wool cardboard tube
Hairy String
And a Bag of Tea!



Well, that has improved my day
thank you so much Jane

That really is a lovely present
and I'm sure your friend will
be thrilled to bits with it

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx







4 comments:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.