Saturday 22 October 2016

Pumpkin Scarecrow & Halloween

Halloween


Hallo everyone!

Hope you've got your pumpkins already
and don't forget the candles

Another spooky project today from

Hazel Harler

who has been busy creating something
specially for us so over to you Hazel:


"I decided to do a journal page for my Halloween piece



 I stencilled the wall with modeling paste onto a 6" x 8" piece of mixed media card 
and then gave it a coat of gesso.


I painted the wall with watered down acrylic paint and spritzed it with water, 
drying the wall between each colour,
 there is also a little brimstone wings Color Bloom on there.


I fastened some chain to the wall with brads and put some jump rings on the end, 
I painted some quinacridone gold paint to make it look like the metal has rusted.


 I stamped the Carabelle Studio images onto white card, 
coloured them with pencils and cut them out. 

The glass dome was stamped onto acetate and cut out, 
I've no idea who made the skeleton stamps, they are from my stash

The knife was drawn by hand.


 I glued all the stamped images to the page and 
used an Impression Obsession stamp with distress ink for the table, 

The mad doctor was stamped with a Stampers Anonymous stamp and coloured with pencil. 

I cut him out so that he could hold the knife.

 I added some gauze, die cut spiders, a Tando pumpkin, some graffiti 
on the walls and acrylic paint blood.


A close up of the skeleton chained to the wall.



A close up of the specimen glass.

 

A close up of the sitting skeleton"


Items used


Super project Hazel and how nice to
see it as a journalling piece

Thank you very much

Now this has got to be a must do page 
in my journal (that I haven't touched in
a while).. I am so going to enjoy this one.....

See you tomorrow

Mickie xx 



















4 comments:

  1. Such a fun creation. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the brick wall, amazing texture, colours and details

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloriously spooky, love it. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Oh gosh what brilliant piece of work the wall is amazing thanks for sharing with us all
    Hugs Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.