Saturday 28 February 2015

Triangles Week - Dawn Heald



Hi everyone,
 and welcome to another weekend.

I know I say it every week but where are the days going???
I know...its a sign of getting old!

Well I have another lovely project for you today.
It is the last one for triangles week and it's
Dawn's turn.

Just look at this....








Didn't I say it was lovely??


This is what Dawn says...

"This week's theme gave plenty of room to play, so many things
 can be done with the humble triangle. I've made a stand up
 triangle card. It really is an easy one to put together and looks
 impressive. I also used the same papers as last week where I
 made a bright card to this week making a more toned down
 or vintage feel by using different inks and background card.
 Showing you can get an entirely different look.



To make - 

Cut three pieces of Kraft card to five and half inch square.


Fold each in half on the diagonal, corner to corner.


Next from pattern paper cut three pieces five inch square. 


Cut these in half on the diagonal.
Use Vintage Photo Distress Ink and a little Gathered Twigs to edge all your
 card and papers. 
Stick the papers to the Kraft squares as shown.


To put card together -  Lay two squares side by side with points meeting 
in top middle. Take last square with score line pointing straight down vertically,
 slide up to other squares with one one half on top of them and the other
 half underneath. The photo shows what I mean.


Then stand it up and you'll find the sides all fold round to make the
 triangle card.

To secure into a stand up triangle put on the far left a piece of temporary
 adhesive or hook and loop. As you wrap it around it will stay in place.
Then decorate. I've used a sentiment from the new Kaisercraft blue bay
 set as my focal point. The flowers are from a Jofy set.


 I stamped the 
flowers onto pattern paper and when cutting them out I cut the petals
 into a straighter triangle shape and layered together.


 I've used 
Woodware large butterfly punch with Kraft and pattern papers and
 a few pieces of washi tape. Finished with some gems. Well it's not
 a Dawn piece without them.
I do hope you'll have a go at making this. It really is easy. I promise".

How nice is that??
Love the colours!


Dawn used -



From stash
Lined paper, Washi tape

Thank you, Dawn.

So that is our projects for another week, don't
forget to get your entries in for February's Calendar Challenge.
It is a new month tomorrow!!

See you tomorrow with the new words!


Jane x

3 comments:

  1. Well explained Dawn, this shape is perfect for Christmas. The vintage feel is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is really gorgeous!! Thank you for the interesting tutorial with your lovely creation Dawn. :) Coco x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.