Saturday 10 August 2013

Saturday Savers - Patchwork/Collage week - Sylvie

Hi, 
Another little beauty by Sylvie today, who upcycled a soap box and turned it into a gorgeous storage box for embellishments (buttons here.. but could be anything). 
A lot of work went into this as you can see and it's a beautiful way to use the Kaisercraft papers and stamps. 
Hope you will let her know what you think in a comment below.. 









I started from a box that used to contains soaps. I painted the edges with  Fresco Finish paint Mermaid, dried and then stamped the Kaisercraft crackle with Black Soot Distress.
I then cut some Kaisercraft papers to fit the box and inked the edges with the balck Distress again.
I stamped the Coat Rack and Dress Form on light papers 

I used the Crafter's Workshop mask Harlequin to apply the Dreamweaver embossing paste (Matte Black) here and there. 
I glued my papers on the blox.
I made flowers with the Marianne D Chinese Rose die and added some Cinnamon Stickles as well as a bead in the centre. 
I cut out the butterfly and bottle from the 75 cents paper and finished with a coat of Fresco Finish glaze (matte)

I painted the little wooden feet with Fresco Finish Vintage Lace and aged them with Distress ink Vintage Photo as well as Treasure Gold White Fire. 
I then took a piece of cardstock I folded to make three compartments in the box, painted with Fresco Finish Mermaid and added stamped images. Also cut and glued some butterflies and other images cut from the Kaisercraft papers.
Lastly, I added a coat of  Fresco Finish Matte glaze all over.










Sylvie used:
Kaisercraft Paper: 75 cents collection 
Kaisercraft Clear stamps: Crackle, Coat rack, dress form 
Dreamweaver embossing paste: Matte Black 
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint: Vintage Lace, Mermaid 
Treasure Gold: White Fire 
Distress ink pads: Vintage Photo, Black Soot 
Versafine ink: Onyx Black 
The Crafters Workshop templates: Harlequin 
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint: Matte Glaze 
Stickles Glitter glue: Cinnamon
Kaisercraft self-adhesive pearls: Pearl 

See you tomorrow



5 comments:

  1. I love the box - it 's so pretty, and yes, lots of work... I also love how the buttons are colour coordinated with the box itself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that there is an enormous amount of work and fun gone into this project! Its so beautiful Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply fabulous work, so gorgeous !!! Bravo Sylvie !!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous box, the stamps and papers are great and I love the layering, stencilling...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Love those papers xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.