Saturday 3 August 2013

Saturday Savers: Opposites week - GIO

Hi, 
Opposites for Gio are masculine VS feminine, with a couple of business card holders she upcycled and which would make a perfect little gift. 
Gio simply cut out the plastic sleeves from the old holder and made a new one using Pop Art Canvas.
She also used templates/masks along with misters to achieve the effect on the background.
Love the idea of the map too. They look fantastic me think. 

What do you think? Would love to read your comments below. 



 I folded one sheet of Pebeo Cotton Pop Art canvas pad - A4 in half and I cut in two.
For the men version: I laid one of them on the craft sheet and I sprayed through a Tando Masks - Andy Skinner: 12x3 Burning rubber different colours of Cosmic Shimmer Mister. 
Tip: Always clean the inked masks on a piece of book page or a blank AJ page.
When dry, I stamped randomly using different colours of  Archival ink and some stamps from Oxford Impressions: London Telegraph plate. I stamped the man face on a piece of gessoed book page and I cut it out. I glued it to the canvas.
For the  back, I glued a long piece of a map using Pebeo Studio matte gel, I added a zig zag border with the sewing machine, and I sewed the business card sleeves in the centre . I made the little belt out of leftovers.

 For the ladies version: I laid the second canvas strip on the craft sheet and I sprayed through The Crafters Workshop template - Flower shower different colours of Cosmic Shimmer Misters. When dry, I stamped random using different colours of  Archival ink and some stamps from CI-335 - A ladys boudoir  plate. I stamped the woman face  and other details on a piece of gessoed book page and I cut them out.  I glued them to the canvas.
For the  back, I glued a long piece of a vintage magazine page using Pebeo Studio matte gel, I added a zig zag border with the sewing machine, and I sewed the business card sleeves in the centre . I made the little belt out of leftovers.
For the business cards: I glued the book pages where I cleaned the masks to a piece of cardstock cut to size. I lightly gessoed them and I stamped them using Archival ink pad and some stamps from Oxford Impressions: London Telegraph plate.











CI-335 - A ladys boudoir  
Tim Holtz embellishments: Tissue Tape  

See you tomorrow



6 comments:

  1. These do indeed look fantastic! Either one would look nice in my handbag! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding and unique! Sure an eyecatcher in everyone's purse(:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow !!! Like Karen, any of them would be perfect in my handbad haha ! Wonderful work once again ! x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.