Saturday 24 August 2013

Saturday Savers and lettering - Neil



I've used a chocolate box for my upcycle project.



  I began by covering the box with a layer of gesso and then with a layer of dark blue paint.
To add interest to the outside I coloured some Dreamweaver Pearlescent paste with the same paint and used a mask to add the texture. I love the way this gives a lovely shimmer while keeping a very similar colour.

 For the lettering I used Tim's Inside Out die and cut it out of both black and white card.
I coloured the white card with Distress Inks.

 I really like this alphabet, it seems fiddly to use but it isn't really! I've found the best way to use it is to spread a layer of Studio Matte Multi Medium onto the surface

 Add the whole black letters to this

 Then, separate the inner letter from the white card and adhere to the top of the black lettering and when everything is dry you won't see any of the excess medium.

 Inside the box has been decorated on the left by cutting a piece of black card (That I had used to clean off the excess paste from the previous masking) to size and gluing down and then adding the lettering.

 In the box section on the right I stamped the image onto a piece of card and added the word to the base. To finish I added some mesh to create the cage.



Neil used
Chocolate Box
Neelzexpressionz/Tando Creative Winged Pattern Mask
Distress Inks - Stormy Sky, Fired Brick and Walnut Stain

See you tomorrow



7 comments:

  1. its 'wow' project, Neil
    nagaonkarshilpa.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way of illustrating the theme of letters I think, very clever ! And thank you for the tip to easily glue such beautiful letters Neil. Have a good week-end x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, it is a nice bonus to be able to recycle your chocolate box after eating all those chocolates!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the chocolates were good cause the upcycled box is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!So that's my problem - I am all caged in! Your upcycled box is a treasure to keep. And a wonderful message for all those who want to create!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever Neil, it is great! Hope you share the chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faboulos, a great artwork. The cage looks fantastic. I love it.
    Greatings from Germany
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.