Tuesday 6 August 2013

Patchwork/Collage week - Neil

Hi, 
Here's another approach to collage with Neil today who collaged on a wooden tray. Beautiful work, I am sure you will agree. I personally LOVE this one. 


I used Kaisercraft stamps to collage and cover a wooden tray 
I love background stamps as they are great for layering up and building up backgrounds too. I've stamped a selection of the Kaisercraft images onto card and collaged them onto this wooden box which is an ideal size to keep my Distress Markers in.

 I stamped them using various colours of archival ink so each one is variegated in tone and adhered them to the tray randomly. I wanted a shabby look so I was not too careful when gluing down as I knew the Multi medium would then act as a resist when I went over with Distress ink.

 I used Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to colour the box; Black Soot Distress marker blended with water to add shadow lines and then added a crackle to the whole thing to both protect and "age" it.
The base and edges were painted with black paint and the inside with celery Green.
To finish I stamped the butterflies onto white card with Coffee Archival ink and added some gathered Twigs over the tops before adhering to the side and I used some words from Chit Chat for the sentiment.

Neil used:
Stamps - Kaisercraft Butterflies, Oriental, Numbers, Tic Toc and Flutter
Gathered Twigs Distress ink
Black Soot Distress Marker
Archival Ink - Cobalt, Plum, Jet Black Olive and Coffee
DecoArt Americana Lamp Black and Celery Green paint

See you tomorrow


7 comments:

  1. Great storage for your pens Neil, love the colours and effects!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and functional too! Julie Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful patchwork and great idea !! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello friends, nice post and nice urging commented at this place, I am in fact enjoying by these. Paul As Harlequin

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.