Wednesday 7 August 2013

Patchwork/Collage week - Karen

Hi, 
Back to patchwork more than collage today with Karen who played with fabric to make this lovely vintage patchwork hanging heart. I could see that filled with lavender.. It would be lovely. 


Whenever I see the word 'patchwork' I immediately think of fabric!!!!  SO I have made a pieced fabric heart in a 'shabby' style.
I started by cutting nine 2 inch squares from the calico then stamping from the Kaisercraft Porcelain Rose set using Archival Ink.  After stitching these together to make a larger square I cut out a heart shape.  
I stamped the 'love' stamp on a scrap of fabric and sewed that in place before adding some beads.  The piece was then placed onto some plain calico and stitched around, leaving an opening for stuffing.  After it was stuffed I dabbed some ink around to add to the 'shabby' look before adding some lace, a ribbon and a tassel.

See you tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. This is so lovely, i really like the stamped fabric. I wouldnt have a clue where to start. Its beautiful Karen, any chance of a video tutorial lol xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.