Friday 9 August 2013

Patchwork/Collage week - Izzy

Hi, 
I am taking you to Canada today, more precisely to Six Mile lake which is one of my favourite place to go to date... shame it's 2 hours north of where I am... I still go there once a year at least anyway, just to spend the day with my kids. It's so peaceful. 
My patchwork is made with several squares of paper and photos sewn together. (Gio will be impressed, I even used the sewing machine ! lol). Very simple, but quite effective if you have several pictures to use.
Here's how I made it ...


 I cut my pictures and papers (3"), inked the edges with Distress inks, glued them to the page and sewed them with the sewing machine. 
I then stamped the butterfly, first on the papers (making sure to mask the square below or above)

I used the Sweet Poppy Stencil and white embossing paste to add the swirls

I stamped the butterflies on a white card, cut them out, and added them to the page, gluing only the body and lifting the wings off the page

Tip 
Keep a few eyeshadow applicators in a box to ink up tiny alpha letters or die cuts.
Much easier than the Cut 'n Dry foam

I used:
Kaisercraft papers: Bonjour and Sweet Nothing collections
Kaisercraft stamp: Flutter
Sweet Poppy stencil: Flower border
Dreamweaver embossing paste: White

See you tomorrow


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful looking place, I can see why you keep going back. Love the patchwork result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that effect, and the lake is so gorgeous, would love to visit it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you
      It's a very pretty place to visit. Have not been this year yet.

      Delete
  3. You haven't put a link up for this week's alpha challenge Izzy!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.