Tuesday 20 August 2013

Lettering week - Gio

Hi, 
Gio is with us today for some lettering fun using stencils and stamps this time altering a jigsaw puzzle. A fun way to use up those jigsaw puzzles your kids don't use any more. She also made a pair of earrings with spare jigsaw pieces.
Gio used the Chip Block "leftover" as a stencil: A clever way to use your alpha dies other than just use the cut letters. She also used the Crafters Workshop stencil and the Stampendous Small Alpha stamps.












I covered the whole jigsaw with several layers of Pebeo gesso. I cut the alphabet using the Tim Holtz Sizzlits Decorative Strip Alphabet Die - Chip Block and the cutting machine and I used the leftovers as a stencil with different colours of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints, mixing and spreading them with a little sponge. I wrote the sentiment using the Crafters Workshop template - Mixed-up alpha and a permanent black marker. I stamped randomly using several colours of Archival ink and the IndigoBlu rubber stamps: Circle dot background and the Stampendous Small Typewriter Alphabet.
Tip: I used the Stampendous Small Typewriter Alphabet plate as a background stamps, leaving all the letters in place, and using the acetate as a thin acrylic block.
I laid the Tando Masks - Andy Skinner: 6x6 Hippy Chick on the jigsaw and I covered the opening with glue, then I poured different colours of micro beads leaving the stencil in place.

I added the wire, to hang the jigsaw, through two eyelets, embellished with some glass beads. 


For the earrings: I glued the alphabet chipboards cut with the Decorative Strip Alphabet Die - Chip Block to two jigsaw pieces. When dry I gessoed them and I stencilled them with different colours of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints. I stamped randomly using several colours of Archival ink and the IndigoBlu rubber stamps: Circle dot background. I added the Fish hook Earwire.

Gio used
Tim Holtz Sizzlits Decorative Strip Alphabet Die - Chip Block 
Pebeo Studio acrylic auxiliaries: Gesso 250 ml 
Pebeo Studio acrylic auxiliaries: Studio matte gel 
The Crafters Workshop template - Mixed-up alpha 
IndigoBlu rubber stamps: Circle dot background 
Tando Masks - Andy Skinner: 6x6 Hippy Chick  

See you tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.