Monday 19 August 2013

Lettering week - Gay

Hi, 
Hope you had a lovely weekend :)

This week will be all about lettering... Different ways to add letters and alpha to your projects with die cutting, embossing, stamping, chipboard throughout lot of different samples from the DT: cards, home decor, project for baby and of course our Saturday Savers on Saturday with a fantastic project by Neil. 

But let's start today with guest designer Gay Peplow who made a couple of lovely Clean and Simple cards using Sweet Poppy Stencil: LOVE and the Stampendous typewriter alphabet stamps.




I taped the stencil to my card and spread embossing paste over, after removing the stencil I waited for the paste to dry. Once it was hard I painted the lettering black to match the card and when that was dry I used Treasure Gold over it, carefully with my finger and a dry paintbrush and finally buffing with a cloth to get quite a shiny finish. I painted around the letters again because it was difficult to get the detail of the lettering without getting the treasure gold all over the card. 
I inked up and embossed the small 'YOU' with gold embossing powder. I have a few speckles of gold , that's because I forgot to use my anti static bag! A few black gems to finish.



This card is simply sponged through the stencil with Distress inks on to white card and cut out, then raised on foam pads for some dimension. I could have played with this stencil for ages, I fancy a little card in pink with pearlised dimensional paste for a baby card, perhaps?

Gay used
Sweet Poppy Stencil: LOVE
Dreamweaver Embossing paste
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish 'Little Black dress'
Treasure Gold: Ruby, Aquamarine and White fire

************

FREE POSTAGE WEEKEND
From 6pm on Friday (16th Augustl) to 6pm on Monday (19th August) we have
free postage on all UK orders.  
For customers outside the UK shipping is free for orders over £30

See you tomorrow


1 comment:

  1. 2 beautiful cards both on black card which i love! Both are so different, my fave is the one using the stencil and paste :-)

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.