Thursday 29 August 2013

Binding week - Gio

Hi, 
Here's another different way to use book rings, which I must admit I had never seen before. It might be new to some of you too. 
Gio made a mini album and a rubber stamp holder. Love the gorgeous colours too. What about you? Let us know in a comment below





 For the mini album:
I cut grey cardstock to get some house shape and I gessoed them with the Pebeo Gesso. I used some different stencils, from the Crafters Workshop and Crafty Individuals and I spread some PaperArtsy Grunge Paste with a palette knife trough the stencils. When dry, I sprayed several colours of Dylusions ink sprays. I highlighted the raised areas with the Treasure Gold: Brass, using my fingers. I stamped every page with swirls, text and flowers from Hot Picks 1006 and Hot Picks 1206 using plates Ranger Archival Ink pad: Jet Black.
For the binding: I made some holes for the 25 mm rings, 2 cm one from another. I put the book rings trough the holes in vertical way, using two holes for every ring.



For the rubber stamp holder 
I cut two rectangles of heavy cardstock to size,  I gessoed them with the Pebeo Gesso. 
I folded them and I glued one to another on one side to create a folder. I reinforce the corners with some washi tape. 
I used some different stencils, from the Crafters Workshop and Crafty Individuals and I spread some PaperArtsy Grunge Paste with a palette knife trough the stencils. When dry I sprayed several colours of Dylusions ink sprays. I highlighted the raised areas with the Treasure Gold: Brass, using my fingers. I stamped them with swirls, text and flowers from Hot Picks 1006 and Hot Picks 1206 plates using Ranger Archival Ink pad: Jet Black.  For the binding: I made two holes at the time, for the 50 mm rings: 4,5 cm one from another. I put the book rings trough the holes in horizontal way, using two holes for every ring.

Here's a little step by step template Gio made to show you how she created the folder.






The Crafters Workshop template - Circle explosion 
The Crafters Workshop template - Eye chart , Harlequin , Mixed-up alpha 
Crafty Individuals mask: Magic roundabout 
PaperArtsy Hot Picks rubber stamps: 1006 and 1206
Ranger Archival Ink pad: Jet Black 
Pebeo Studio acrylic auxiliaries: Gesso 250 ml  
Treasure Gold: Brass 
Washi style paper tape: Barcode  

See you tomorrow


7 comments:

  1. Terrific idea and I love your book

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful mini-book Gio, wow !! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea must try it

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRILLIANT, you are just Brilliant and sooooo creative, I LOVE it, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful texture and inking on all those little houses - what an inspiration you are, Gio!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.