Wednesday 22 May 2013

Background week - Karen

Hi, 
Here's another background technique, which I'm sure most of you know as there has been gazillions of tutorials and videos, but it never fail to impress: Karen used a craft mat and Distress inks and here's how she achieved such a beautiful card background.





For my background piece I used my trusty craft mat and Distress inks! 
Working with one colour at a time, I dabbed the inks across the mat and spray with water. 
I swiped the paper/thin card across and dried. 
I used Pumice Stone, Brushed Corduroy & Spiced Marmalade. 
Using Brilliance inks (Chocolate & White), I stamped over the top. 
When this was all dry, I inked up some bubble wrap and randomly stamped again.

I cut and mounted on black a small section and placed on a card with the PaperArtsy Mini 80, a Tando Mini Bird and a stamped greeting from a PaperArtsy Hotpicks. 

Karen used



See you tomorrow



2 comments:

  1. Lovely, yes probably most have seen it before but there always newbies and some of us oldies like to be reminded. thank you and lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful colors and pattern. Perfect for the beautiful glitter bird.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.