Thursday 20 December 2012

DT showcase: Neil

Hi, 
Time for our one and only guy on the team: Neil
He made some amazing samples once again this year and I am so glad we have him on the team. Thank you for all your hard work Neil x

As I did  for Karen, I asked Neil what his favourite sample was this year and he picked up one of my favourite too. This one.
And I asked him why... 


Why, because I really love the owl. I enjoyed the challenge of working with product I had not used before (TAP paper) and when I look at it now, I still like how everything worked together.

I also asked Neil about his favourite product of the year. Here's what he said:

How can I just choose ONE? I look around my studio, stuffed full of amazing products that I use all the time and I'm stuck; I still adore my Distress Inks and Stains.....my stamps, my UTEE, my Idea-ology, tissue tape, my dies. Then there's the Dylusions inks that have taken the crafting world by storm this year, perhaps they take poll position...... , love them but not as my number one....... so what then? My eye falls on a little pot and the penny drops; this is it, my number one product, the one I reach for when a projects needs a little something more....... can you guess?

My pot of Viva INKA GOLD takes number one spot in a closely run race! In Old Silver or Lava Green (my two favourite colours) they are guaranteed to make an appearance on virtually all my projects as anyone who has attended any of my classes will be able to testify. 
It's amazing stuff! 


I went ahead and chose a few more of Neil's samples for this year... Here's my favourites. 
Which ones were your favourite? Do you like Neil's work? 
Now is the time to let him know :-)









See you tomorrow


9 comments:

  1. I love Neil's work. The owl is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always different and interesting projects from Neil, can't wait to see what he gets up to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Neil's work and follow his blog as well, through Google Reader. I love them all and my favourite 3 in descending order are the owl at the top, the bird wreath and the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Neil's projects, our very own Tim Holtz of the Craft Barn !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neil's work was partly responsible for my entry into blogland so I can say that I love what he does! I really like the owl but my favourite is the journal cover/page with the faces - love it!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are wonderful pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all things Neil has produced. but my fav has to be the book front with all the tiles, he started at one of the demo's..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes we love !!! This selection is great ! I remember especially being stunned in front of the first creation I really LOVE also, and the fantastic birdy crown, wowww !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neil always seems to come up with a fabulous project with a slightly different take. Fantastic. I love the bird wreath and the book with the stamped tile effect. I was very inspired by that project. I wanted to use that technique for the front of my calendar but ended up with something quite different!! Thanks for the inspiration. Happy Christmas and New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.