Monday 10 December 2012

1 stamp 6 ways - Chris Dark

Hi, 
Two more weeks of beautiful samples and then our talented DT will take a well deserved break (and me too). But don't worry, we will be back in the New Year with new designers, and a new challenge.... and a lot more inspiration. 
This week is a week I particularly like: 1 stamps 6 ways. I always love to see all the different ideas the DT comes up with using the same product. 

For this "1 stamp 6 ways", we chose the Katzelkraft Mini arch and we have some beautiful samples coming up this week for you. 



Starting with our Guest Designer Chris Dark and a gorgeous altered mini book. What do you think of this one? Can't wait to read your comments. 


This week I’ve been playing with the gorgeous Katzelkraft mini arch stamp which is one that I love as it’s so versatile. Another of my favourite Craft Barn products are the natural A7 note books and I always buy them a few at a time as they make such lovely little gifts as a note or address book and can be decorated in many different ways.


I’ve gone with the kraft colour scheme and simply stamped over the notebook with the Typographie stamp and Archival black ink. Next I stamped the mini arch onto white card and cut it out also cutting out the middle section up to the shading and inked with gathered twigs distress ink. Taking a small piece of white tissue paper that was cut to fit behind the arch middle section I stamped it with the floral image and carefully coloured the flower with the copic markers before gluing it to the notebook. The arch was glued over the top and gives a nice contrast in the middle as the tissue is semi opaque and shows some of the underneath background stamping. 

I cut some of the blossoms from Crunchy waxed paper and glued them to the book near the top and then coloured them with the red copic marker , making the centres of the flowers with stickles glitter glue. I added the chit chat sticker to the bottom of the arch and gave everything a coat of glue and seal to set it, when dry I added a coat of glossy accents to the arch for some contrasting shine.




Chris used:
Katzelkraft unmounted rubber stamps – Mini arch , Flourishes, Typographie
Craft Barn White tissue paper
PaperArtsy Crunchy kraft waxed paper
Memory box die fancy blossom
Tim Holtz Ideology chit chat stickers
Copic markers R27 Cadmium Red, YG95 Pale Olive
Stickles – Star dust
Distress Ink – Gathered Ttwigs
Ranger Archival ink – Jet Black

Our special offer this week is 20% off all Katzelkraft stamps except the minis
Just enter the code KTZ20 when you checkout.

See you tomorrow



7 comments:

  1. LOVE it, I don't have that stamp yet, but will have to order it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris's book is fabulous, I saw it on her blog page and said there that it looks almost three dimensional. It is quite stunning and would be a wonderful gift for someone - truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. How nice to see Chris's wonderful work back at the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice ideas, love the book, has given me some ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I love what Chris has done with the stamp.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this altered book!!! great work!!bizz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work. I especially love the technique used for the "window" - so beautiful. TFS YOUR TALENT.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.