Wednesday 28 November 2012

Gifts under £5 - Gio

Hi, 
Our upcycling queen has done it again. How to use your craft stuff (as in packaging) and turn it into a beautiful sample? 
I absolutely LOVE those, such a great idea !! Let us know what you think.

I found in the shop some beautiful glass beads, and I use them for my jewels and my mixed media projects. Also their package it is so cute that I decided to alter it.
It could became a little gift, since it can contain beads, charms, a note or, in my case, a handmade body cream (you can find lots of recipe in internet, mine is made of almond oil, olive oil, beeswax and lavender infuse)




The vintage version: I made a little hole on the upper side to use it as keyring, then I covered the little tube with Tim Holtz Tissue Tape Sketchbook. I coloured it with some Ranger alcohol-inks using the felt applicator. I cut an image from Crafty Individuals picture book: People and places 2 in an oval shape then I melted some Cosmic Shimmer Ultra Thick Embossing crystals: Bronze Lustre along the border. I glued the image and some lace to the tube. I put some Glass bead mix: Sand on several head pins, then I added to the upper hole of the tube using some jump rings. I covered the image with Ranger Glossy Accents and I set aside to dry. Meanwhile I stamped a little butterfly using CI-347 and Coffee Archival ink for the lid and I printed with my computer the ingredients of the cream. I put the hand-made cream inside the tube.


The green version: I coloured the tube using several alcohol inks. I stamped the main image using a PaperArtsy - Lynne Perrella collection 007 stamp with Black Archival ink, then I cut it in an oval shape and I coloured it with Distress inks using a cotton buds (Q-tips). I glued the image and some lace to the tube. I put some Glass bead mix: Lollipop on several head pins, then I added them to the upper hole of the tube using some jump rings. I covered the image with Ranger Glossy Accents and I set it aside to dry. I stamped the crown using the same rubber plate as the lid and I printed with my computer the ingredients of the cream. I put the hand-made cream inside the tube.


For the calendar: I cut a piece of white cardstock to size, then I sprayed it with Dylusions ink: Cut grass, Lemon zest and Vibrant turquoise. I added some texture with Claudine Hellmuth gesso, using a spatula and Crafty Individuals mask: Magic roundabout. I stamped the lady and the hand from the PaperArtsy - Lynne Perrella collection 007 stamp with Black Archival ink on Specialty Stamping Paper Inkssentials and I coloured them with Distress inks using a cotton bud. I added the stamped images to the cardstock along with a piece of lace and the month.




 Material
Tim Holtz embellishments: Tissue Tape Sketchbook
CI-347 - Row of butterfly
Crafty Individuals picture book: People and places 2
Adirondack alcohol inks - Gold, Rust, Sunshine yellow, Sailboat blue, Citrus, Butterscotch
Crafty Individuals mask: Magic roundabout
Cosmic Shimmer Ultra Thick Embossing crystals: Bronze lustre



Our special offer this week: 
Each order of £ 25 or more will get a pack of free Tando Minis
added to their order.

See you tomorrow





3 comments:

  1. Wow, stunning, fabulous!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and uncredible project as usuals Gio ! Such small plastic things that become fanstastic and so delicate altered works under your hands, Wowwww ! I'm really FAN !! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always on the look out for upcycling ideas and this is excellent ! Love the calendar page too...

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.