Saturday 26 May 2012

Simply Saturday and Dreamweaver

Helloooo, 
This is our final post about the Dreamweaver products and techniques. We hope that you would have learnt a thing or two, and even in you haven't, maybe you will want to find your Dreamweaver stencils and have a play after this week.


Today, Gay is showing her 3 favourite techniques with Dreamweaver stencils and inks or pastes as well as the new Metallic F/X mica powders. Aren't they just gorgeous ??
Let us know what you think





First up is stencilling, through the stencil with Cut and Dry foam and distress inks, great technique because you can move the design easily all over the page as long as you mask well, see inserts!

Next I used white embossing paste but made a complete mess up it all seeped under the stencil and I'm too mean to throw it away. So I painted it black with fresco chalk paints and highlighted the design with gold rubbing wax. I was quite pleased with the amount of texture, it looks almost like brass!

This version is with translucent embossing paste. I applied the stencil, masked well and used the translucent paste but before it was dry I sprinkled the FX micas. When it was thoroughly dry I brushed the mica powder off and a very sparkly wisteria was revealed!



This is white embossing paste and gave me a wonderful base and contrast on the black card. Painting with the chalk paints again and on the leaves I mixed the mica up with water and painted it onto the leaves. The mica needed to be fixed so I sprayed with hairspray.


Materials
Dreamweaver Wisteria stencil, 
Metallic FX powders in Purple Satin and Kiwi
Embossing pastes: white, translucent.
Metallic rub on paste Traditional
Tim Holtz butterflies from the Papillons stamp set.
Fresco paints in Orchid, Moonlight and Little Black Dress


Our special offer this week
Just type
DREAMWEAVERCAROL
in the offer code box as you go through checkout!


Just a quick note
Gay recently went to Italy (lucky her) and got to meet Gio (lucky her x 2). 
I thought I would share a pic of them two taken in Rome...




Have a great weekend :o)




3 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects. I love the 'messed up one'. How nice to 'see' you both. Isn't it great when our crafting introduces us to people & places we would never have seen before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects!!! I really, really love that stencil!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.